Types of cutting tools:
(according to feature)
There are two types of cutting tools,
- Single Point Cutting Tool.
- Multiple Point Cutting Tool.
Multiple Point Cutting Tools: Multiple Point Cutting Tools are often used in milling and drilling. Grinding tools are also multiple point cutting tools.
- Cutting Tool must be made of harder material than the work piece material(which is to be cut).
- The Tool must withstand the heat generated during cutting operations.
- Tool must have specific geometry with clearance angles so that the cutting edge of the tool can contact the work piece with out the rest of the tool dragging onto the surface of the work piece.
- The angle of the cutting face is also important.